Planning trip to Norway

So, this year I took my holidays in August instead of September/October because of personal reasons. But, travelling in the high season is not my favorite activity. I like to travel somewhere, where it is not so crowed by tourists and where I can see something new. If you have followed my blog, you know that I  am not that kind of person who likes to hang around at the beach all the time. Usually, my trips are tough and full packed. There wasn't so much time to relax. The decision where to go, also took several days, this year ay. We weren't sure where to go in August. In the south, like Sardinia or Greece, it will be hot, maybe too hot. In Iceland and Ireland, it could rain a lot. Maybe Scandinavia. By chance, I found some cheap (compared to the usual prices) flights with SAS and Lufthansa to Norway. We booked the flights. As Norway is the most expensive country in Scandinavia regarding food, beverages and also transportation, we decided not to booka 4*-hotel.
The flight was going to Oslo on an evening in the middle of the week. We will have 8 days and will fly back from Bergen to FRA. So, we checked the internet to have an impression what to do.
And my first comment on that: The norwegian tourist websites are really good. Entertaining, nice design and all the information you need. Usually the address is something like www.visit...no.
We decided to take the train from Oslo to Bergen, since this is one of the most beautiful train routes. We also thought about to take the Fl°am train down the mountain and then a ferry and a bus to Bergen, but this will include more than 9 hours of travelling, we decided to skip that to the next trip.
So, in Oslo we stayed in an apartment hotel and then we went to Stord, an island between Bergen and Stavanger, for the second half.
And this trip was planned not to be so stressful like the trips before. Let's see!...
Actually, Norway was a great trip with a lot of new expericiences!

Comments